Frequently Asked questions (FAQ)
Q: Is the hair 100% human hair?
- Yes our hair is 100% human Indian hair.
Q: Is the hair Remy Hair?
- Yes our hair is Remy hair.
Remy hair is hair that has been collected by a hair donor. The cuticles are not stripped and remain aligned in one direction. Most human hair sold in the hair extensions industry undergoes a cuticle-stripping process called an acid-bath. Then, a silicone is placed over the cuticles to give the hair a faux shine and smooth appearance. This silicone wears off when the hair is washed, therefore, the cuticles are disturbed and return back to their unruly state, causing the hair to mat and tangle easily.
Remy hair does not mat or tangle because all the cuticles are aligned and intact without the use of silicone.
Q: Do you have Yaki Hair?
- Yes, Yaki hair refers to the texture resembling relaxed Afro-Caribbean hair.
Q: How much hair do I need to do a full head?
- First of all are you thickening or lengthening?
- Is the hair texture thick or thin?
- How is the customer going to style their hair?
For thickening and lengthen we recommend 1 & ½ to 2 packs, the determining factor is how thick the hair is or how short is the hair you’re starting with.
Q: What is the difference between the micro tape rolls & the tape tabs?
- Micro tape rolls will tape a little over 3 full packs of hair, after taping the hair panels you have to cut to the size of the extensions.
- Tape tabs are pre-cut to the size of the hair panels, and a pack of tabs is 60 which will tape 1 & ½ packs.
Q: I am new to doing extensions how do I price this service?
- 1st you need to think about the area you are in and what your market can bare.
- Some stylist will charge for the hair then for the service. For instance if you purchase 2 full packs of 20” that would equal $320, then for the service itself $340 which would equal $620 Total. Others may charge anywhere from $400 to $600 for application only.
- You may also want charge by the hour. When you average your services out what do you make per hour.
- Always take a deposit for the price of the extensions and let your customer know the deposit is non-refundable. Let them know that once you order the extensions you cannot return them.
Q: What kind of shampoo and conditioner should I recommend to my client?
- It is very important to brush your hair with a soft bristle brush and brush your hair from the bottom and gently work your way up.
- We recommend a professional non-sulfate shampoo such as Nano Works Moisturizing Shampoo & Conditioner. Do not put conditioner at the base of your extensions.
- We only recommend shampooing 2 times a week. If you find it necessary to shampoo your own hair more often put the extensions in a ponytail before shampoo and only shampoo the top of the head where there are no extensions.
- You may also want to use a leave in spray conditioner. Remember our extensions are Human Hair and that means they may need to be trimmed every once in a while to cut off the split ends off.
- Remember your hair is not like your own hair, they do not get oily and greasy, they are just dusty and dirty.
Q: Are the hair extensions reusable?
- Yes, you can reuse them up to 3 times as long as they are properly taken care of.
- Hair must be
Q: Can I color the hair extensions?
- We do not recommend coloring the extensions. Remember the hair has already been processed.
Q: Can I Perm the extensions?
- We do not recommend any chemicals to be used on the extensions.
Q: Can I use a chemical straightener on the hair extensions?
- No we do not recommend any chemicals on the hair extensions.
- If you are going to do a chemical service on the hair we recommend doing it before extensions are applied.
Q: Do I need to remove the extensions before coloring the hair?
- No, but be care to not apply color on the base of the extensions, be careful not to run the color through the ends.
Q: My client’s hair is highlighted how do I get that effect with the extensions?
- You may want to buy 2 different colors of extensions. When you sandwich the hair you would apply one color on bottom and the opposite color on top.
Q: My extensions are loosening, what is causing this?
- Are you using oil on the hair? If so you may be getting it on the base of the extension which will cause the extension to become loose.
- Did your client color their own hair? If so they might have put the extension on the base of the extension.
- Did you use a chelating shampoo on the hair before application of the extensions? The hair must be clarified before applying the hair extensions. Do not use chelating shampoo on the extensions.
- Hair Extensions are not for everyone, sometimes the hair follicle is too weak to allow the extension to stay in, sometimes there could be a chemical imbalance within the clients system that could also be caused by medications or the client does not take proper care of the extensions.
Q: My hair is tangling a lot, how can I prevent that?
- Braid your hair up before sleeping.
- Never go to bed with your hair wet.
- Gently shampooing the hair never rough the cuticle
Q: Can I go swimming?
- Yes but remember to spray a leave in conditioner on the ends and braid the hair.
- Make sure you wash and condition the hair when done.
Q: I am having trouble removing the extensions, how can I get them off easier?
- Make sure you are using are Adhesive Remover, spray generously (saturate the taped area) once saturated gently rub together between your fingers, than take a rat tail wired comb, slide in the middle of the hair extension and slide you comb.
- Use a chelating shampoo on the natural hair before reapplying extensions, if there is still some stickiness to the hair use a wide tooth comb through the hair while the chelating shampoo is still in the hair. Do not use conditioner on the natural hair if you are going to reapply the extensions.
- Make sure all the tape is off the extensions completely before reapplying.
Q: What is required to have a Hair Extension Certification Class?
- You will need to call our office at (888-602-7965) and we will go over the requirements for booking a class.
Q: How many pieces come in a pack of Krazy Kolors
- There are 4 pieces per pack.
Q: Do the Krazy Kolors fade?
- They will stay true to color with proper care.
Q: How do I apply hair bling?
- You can see applications on YouTube:Hair Bling
Flare Addictionz – Eyelash Extensions
Q: What are Eyelash Flares?
- Eyelash Flares are little clustering of eyelashes that bond to your natural lashes.
Q: Can you Curl these lashes?
- It is not recommended to curl the eyelash extensions they already have a natural curl to them.
Q: Can I treat these as if they were my own lashes?
- No, you have to be careful with your new lashes. You must not rub your eyes at all! Try not to play with your lashes.
Q: Can I wash my face?
- Yes you can wash your face bust use a Q-Tip around your eyes. “Remember the less you do to your eyes the longer they will last.
Q: How long will eyelash extensions last on my eyes?
- Everyone is different. Depending on how much you touch your eyes. On the average they last between 1 – 3 weeks. When you first get your lashes you will have to get use to them and they will probably last around 1 week but as you get use to them they will last longer.
- Remember your natural eyelashes shed. As your natural lash falls out you will lose the eyelash extensions. This is why we need to be sure to tell our customers that they will have to get fill-ins.
- If the natural lashes a very sparse the customer needs to be extra careful.
Q: Can I use mascara?
- You can use mascara but it is not necessary. Lashes will be long and thick already and again the less you do to them the better. You may use mascara on the lower lashes.
- If you choose to use mascara do not use water proof mascara, as this mascara may be made with tar in it.
Q: Can I use Mascara Remover (makeup remover) on my Eyelashes?
- No oil based makeup remover. Try not using any remover. If you have to then we recommend a water based remover and do not rub the eyes when removing. Lay cotton pad on let set a few seconds then gently swipe down in a very gentle stroke.
Q: Can I get my lashes wet?
- Do not go in any sauna or hot steam for 24 hours and sleep on your back for the first day or two. After that try to avoid as much as possible water on the eyelashes. But if it does happen then lightly blot dry. Do not rub them with a towel.
Q: What should I charge my clients for their Eyelash Extension Service?
- Depending on your market can bear will determine what you will charge, an average for a full set is $35.00 and a fill can be anywhere from $20.00 to $35.00.
Q: How can I make the lashes stay on better for my clients?
- After applying lashes on your clients go back over with a pair of tweezers and press (pinch) together firmly across the lashes. This will help them bond to the natural lash.
Q: How do I remove the lashes extensions?
- If your client is coming in for a fresh set of lashes you can ask them to put a thin layer of an oil makeup remover the night before. This will help you remove the lashes easier. It is very important to remove any oil residue completely before reapplying the new lashes. Simply take a cotton pad with water and swipe across the lashes whatever comes off easily needs to be replaced with fresh lashes. What does not come out you can leave.
Q: I have never applied eyelash extensions is there a class I can take?
- You can call our office (888-602-7965) and we can send you video via-email.
Q: Is there a startup kit?
- Yes we have a kit that will give you an assortment of lashes, tools, glue, and practice glue & remover.
Q: How many sets can I get out of a startup kit?
- Approximately 15 sets depending on the thickness of the natural lashes.